Sunday, February 27, 2011

5 Pounder Temensis At "Oldman Spot" On Eupro Slow Cranking Lure

Yesterday morning supposed to meet up with Nelson at Lower Seletar reservoir. When I reached the destination I called him and found out he is going to be late and will reached here 20 mins later. Since I am using my old war horse rod “ Black hole S662 II ML" might else make use of the time to practice the “walk a dog lure” this a very good budget Korean made rod and is one of my favourite weapons. On my way down I met 2 Malay lurers and chat with them. They told me they were first time here, their usual fishing ground is at Pandan reservoir but unfortunately now it have been occupied by baiters and become less productive than before. It is sad to hear that and I understand this new fishing ground is open less than a year ago.
After awhile Nelson arrived and we move out to our “OIdman Spot”, reached there and received a call from our captain Derek and asked where are we going and he is keen to join us after his work. I send the location to him by using Iphone “what apps” share location function. After I start to cast out by my yo zuri, after several attempt there is no sign of temensis chasing the lure, I switched it to Maria flakes on my 3rd cast the lure got struck on to a log in the water. Try to retrieve it but in end I have to sacrifice my veteran fighter, sad to do that. I retied my FG knot and opened up my lure box and chose a bigger lure that I recently brought from Changi Pro tackle shop. The brand of this lure is Eupro, this is an American brand owned by a Chinese family who their surname is Eu and they wanted to produce Rod & Lure for professional angler. Surname “Eu” plus Professional “Pro” and you will understand why they named it "Eupro". After a few cast, disaster struck again, the lure flew towards the tree because of the strong wind. Two lures gone and still no take.
Retied my FG knot again and this time I decided to use the fly that Captain Derek bought for me as a gift.( thanks Bro). By the time
Derek arrived,ther is only one strike but I did not managed to set the hook properly and it got away with it. I was quite tired so walk over to chat with Derek and have a break. After sitting down, I was thinking where have all the fishes gone and suddenly remembered that I have not try the cranking lure yet, sometimes they are hiding in the deeper water, you need something to go deeper to make them feel threatened and they will attack.
I choose the Eupro cranking lure that I just bought it. On my fourth cast, I hit a baby temensis which is about 1.5 pound, this young fighter made a few acrobatic stun by jumping out of the water before I could bring it up, continue to cast and heard Nelson called said lets call it a day. When I retrieved the lure back in a slow cranking method I felt a powerful tug and allowed it to pull before I set the hook firmly into it’s mouth. I shouted, “wait, this one could be a bigger one" , the drag sound on my caldia kix 2000 start to scream, I have to hold on to the bending rod. after a while the fish swim up to the suface, we can see the beautiful colours under the bright sun light. I saw there is another fish beside her and told Derek and Nelson to cast out their lure and hope they can hook ther other one. When she came close to the bank I did not bring her up and let her mate staon so that both of them will have a chance to hook up her mate {adult temensis usaully come in a pair}". But he doesn’t seen to be interested with their lures. In the end, I have no choice have to pull up the fish up with my grip before she became overstress and this could harm the fish. Photo taken and I gave the fish a few push before releasing her back into the water. This fish may not be a monster but still one of the magnificent fighter. What a nice one to end today’s luring session.
first fish of the day

5 pounders temensis photo 1

No comments:

Post a Comment