Tuesday, February 8, 2011

New Day luring at spot higher 1

New Year Day at spot higher 1

7 pounder temensis caught by member Derek

On New Year day at 6.30am my phone alarm ring, oh no! I'm late for the early morning luring session with my kakis. Immediately i called Edwin and he was also late no wonder he did not give me the morning call. I told him to get
ready and  i will be coming down in 15 minutes to pick him up. when i reached his place, he was not at the usual waiting point, called him and he told me that he is on his way down. The moment i saw him i started my 4 letter words, he apologised and told me that he was late because his stomach was not well. I feel sorry for me and quickly help him to load his gear into my car and then off we go to our fishing ground. When we reached there, we met one of our kaki Alan and he told us the rest of the gang is on their way to our hot spot. As we walk towards the fishing ground we met another Kaki Edmund and he introduced one of his friend Robin to us.
When we reached the fishing ground, i start to use the Maria flakes tocast out, after a few try the rest of the kakis kept pulling up juvenile temensis weighing between 1 to 2 pounds except Edwin and me still a big duck egg. I decided to stop as the place was rather small to accommodate all of us.
Suddenly I heard Nelson said Derek got a big one, I look over and saw his graphite leader rod bending down and the smooth screaming drag sound from his shimano stradic C14. we were all very excited as the fish was swimming near the rock, but he managed to let the fish swim out and change the directions that is away from the rocks and finally after a few minutes we can see the fish is getting tired and Alan went over to help him to lift up the fish and this one weighed about 7 pounds on the grip. Edmund noticed that I have stopped and he suggested that i should try the fly and he passed one of his fly to me. Immediately i get it tied and during the first and second cast i managed to hook up 2 juvenile temensis. Before I could continue with my third cast, we saw a blue & white van coming towards our direction, we decided to end the session and have a feast of roti prata for breakfast but Alan decided to continue with another eging session for green eye squid and we parted from here.

7 pounder temensis

Rod - Graphiteleader  Bosco
Reel - Shimano Stradic C/4 2500
Shock leader - Seaguar 15 pound
Lure - fly




PS: I am new to this blog an I will be posting more of our past fishing outing to share with my kakis

No comments:

Post a Comment