Sunday, March 20, 2011

temensis feeding frenzy at spot higher 2

Today, a team of 5 hardcore members explored into the deep forest at “spot Higher 2”. On our way we encountered one mystery animal in our nature reserved habitat, it is the gorgeous blue coral snake. Its blue body between the red colour head & tail created a beautiful colour contrast. I have long wanted to encounter with this snake and finally I am able to face it today, but somehow too excited and forgotten to take a photo of this beauty. The Blue Coral snake (Calliopsis Bivirgatus) is a nocturnal creature that contained a highly venomous neurotoxin that is more than enough to kill a human beings. Althrough it is more aggressive at night than in the day but it is still too dangerous to handle this snake. Many years back, I remembered there was a fatal case caused by this snake in Seletar area. Sometimes one can be mistaken it as the non venomous pinkhead reed snake so if you are not sure please do not try to catch it.
Today is a Temensis feeding frenzy day for Nelson, Alan, Derek & Jasper. they have landed many fishes, a few good one weight were between 2.5 kg to 3kg and this have given them a lot of trill & fun. I lost 2 big one and landed those smaller one but I have enough dose of antidote the day before at Kyoto pay pomd where I hooked up a 3.5kg GT on my light tackle.
Alan lost an Asian green Arowana, the fish gave him a good run on his tackle ( Dawai Certate 2500 reel). This is a good reel, my next target to ugrade. He said that he always set his drag high and the first strike was strong enough to dash out his line without stopping and after various rounds of strong and violent shaking, the monster managed to get off the hook. Based on the size, it should be close to 1 meter in length and above 4kg in weight,
Next week I may want to take a rest because my Kucing trip is around the corner and need to prepare the necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment